1. When performing timed sets/metabolic work you should emphasize speed of movement above all else.
2. When gaining size is your primary objective you should use sets of either 30-40 seconds or 20-30 seconds.
3. When losing fat is your primary objective you should use sets of either 30-40 seconds or 4060 seconds.
4. An elastic resistance is superior to free-weights for high-speed metabolic work.
5. To get the most out of metabolic work, superset it with a regular lifting exercise. This is especially effective during a fat loss phase.
Was this article helpful?
If you have heard about metabolism, chances are it is in relation to weight loss. Metabolism is bigger than weight loss, though, as you will learn later on. It is about a healthier, better you. If you want to fire up your metabolism and do not have any idea how to do it, you have come to the right place. If you have tried to speed up your metabolism before but do not see visible results, you have also come to the right place.