Why Steroids And What Is Possible

The body is in a constant state of "protein turn over". Two terms the reader should be very familiar with are catabolic (catabolism) and anabolic (anabolism). Catabolism is a tissue wasting state and anabolism is a tissue rebuilding or growth state. The "protein turn over" is a balance between the two. Many scientists believe that a 154 LB adult turns over about 280 g of protein daily. Of course not all of this is muscle protein, but some where around 30% is the general accepted amount. Guess what? This figure group is for a sedentary adult, not an athlete, and refers to basal protein anabolism/catabolism. Using 30 % as a qualified representation of the amount of muscle proteins turned over, we see about 77 LBS of the amount of muscle was both gained and lost in one year. This means that this sedentary adult could have actually gained half again his body weight in lean mass tissue without a single work out all year. Also a note of interest is the fact that he actually gained and lost a total of 225 LBS in lean protein tissue in one year. By the way, this is all fact established by research done by W.E. Mitch and published in the New England Journal of Medicine (96-335:1897). To find your own daily protein turn over rate (PTOR), simply multiply your body weight in pounds by 1.818. (154lbs x 1.818 = 279.972g). This is your potential daily mass gain! (What?) Yes, if you could control all metabolic factors this is the amount of protein based tissue you could gain in one day. But being cheesy is not always easy.

Anabolic and catabolic hormones control the body's PTOR. The balance between gain and loss is called homeostasis and basal. If our adult reduced catabolism by 50% without altering the anabolic rate, our 154LB adult would gain 38 LBS of lean muscle in a single year. Weight training accelerates both anabolism and catabolism. If he trains in a manner which accelerates catabolism more than anabolism he loses muscle. This is over training. If he trains in a manner which accelerates anabolism more than catabolism then he gains muscle. Studies have established that training induced catabolism destroys 80% of the training induced anabolism. This leaves us with about a 20% growth differential. Most bodybuilders actually reach a point very quickly where anabolism is equal to catabolism and they stagnate. Now you know why you are stuck in your training efforts so often. You lose what you gain.

Body Sculpture

Body Sculpture

Don’t Read this Report. Unless you want to miss out on the most exciting information about Sculpted Muscles in a Decade. Do you long for a better physique with more shapely and defined muscles? If so, you’re not alone! The problem is that while many people would love to have better defined muscles they’re not sure how to go about achieving them.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment