• It is possible to lose fat and gain quality muscle at the same time
• Forget weighing yourself and measuring your percentage body fat, go by what you look like
• To lose fat and gain muscle, keep carbohydrates regular but low, and protein intake regular and high
• Forget any faddy regimens - eat sensibly
• Cardiovascular exercise is crucial to make fat loss effective - train at 55-60% maximum heart rate
• Some supplements are useful aids in losing fat, but are useless their own, you must be eating correctly
Was this article helpful?
Ever since the fitness craze in the 1980’s, we have become a nation increasingly aware of our health and physique. Millions of dollars are spent every year in the quest for a perfect body. Gyms are big business, personal trainers are making a tidy living helping people stay fit, and body building supplements are at an all-time level of performance.