• A raised body temperature has a detrimental effect on performance
• Have a drink (250 - 500 ml) about 20 minutes before training
• Accustom your body to drinking throughout your workouts
• Drink cool beverages rather than warm ones
• Choose water or weak dilute drinks for fluid replacement
• Sip fluids regularly to avoid bloating
• Avoid alcohol and use caffeine sensibly
• Wear suitable clothing during exercise, and splash water on the skin
Was this article helpful?
Bodybuilding requires commitment. It is a totally different lifestyle that entails letting go of old habits and adopting new ones. You cannot go into bodybuilding and be half- hearted about it. It is a test of strength, self-discipline and willpower. Start only when you are sure you can commit time, effort and energy. Learn tips like this one and 99 more.