• If you want to compete, make sure you're ready
• Contest preparation will affect you psychologically
• Carbohydrate intake should be low but regular, protein intake should remain high
• Supplement use will need to be adjusted at different stages
• Fluid manipulation is crucial to maximise definition
• Carbohydrate loading is an extremely useful technique
• Re-evaluate your physique regularly
Was this article helpful?
Bodybuilding requires commitment. It is a totally different lifestyle that entails letting go of old habits and adopting new ones. You cannot go into bodybuilding and be half- hearted about it. It is a test of strength, self-discipline and willpower. Start only when you are sure you can commit time, effort and energy. Learn tips like this one and 99 more.