Bodyweight calisthenics exercise uses only the weight of your own body as resistance to develop the ability to squat, reach, twist, lunge, jump, land, push and get up and down... all the physical abilities you need to meet the challenges of sport, work and life with excellence.
Training with nothing more than your own body can produce gains in muscular strength, power and endurance as well as improved cardiorespiratory endurance and promote fat loss.
Using just your body, you can build lean muscle and lose fat without an unneeded high risk of injury.
Bodyweight calisthenics are an incredibly effective and versatile form of exercise... You can do them anywhere and anytime, they do not require expensive equipment or costly gym memberships, you can do them in short bursts and you can effectively train the entire body by using only a few movements.
Bodyweight calisthenics exercises are fundamental in any fitness program designed to improve fitness, health and physique.
In fact, I believe they are so important... they should be the starting point, and remain an integral part, of any physical fitness program.
Here are just some of the benefits of bodyweight calisthenics exercise:
• They can be done anywhere... indoors or outdoors.
• The exercises are adaptable to any fitness level.
• Muscular strength, power and endurance can be targeted.
• Stamina can be improved while burning unwanted fat.
• Bodyweight exercises train the body in the way the body naturally moves.
• Body Awareness is greatly increased.
• Bodyweight exercises prepare the body for all other training methods.
Bodyweight calisthenics exercise lays the foundation for every other fitness, health and physique training method... and therefore are an integral part of Optimum Physical Training.
Was this article helpful?