Quadriceps, rectus femoris
Tensor fascia lata
Gastrocnemius, lateral head
Biceps femoris, long head
PERFORMING THE EXERCISE WITH A PARTNER ANCHORING THE FEET
Lie on the back, with knees bent, feet flat on the ground, and hands behind the head:
• Inhale and raise the torso by rounding the back.
• Exhale at the end of the movement.
• Return to the initial position without touching the ground. Continue until a burn develops in the abdominal muscles.
This exercise works the hip flexors as well as the obliques, but It mainly acts on the rectus abdominis. Variations:
1. Having a partner hold the feet makes the exercise easier.
2. Extending the arms forward makes the exercise easier for beginners.
3. Working on an incline bench makes the exercise more intense.
VARIATION ON AN INCLINE BENCH
The greater the angle, the greater the effort.
Comment: Because, in general, a woman's torso is not as bulky proportionate to the legs as in men, performing sit-ups without lifting the feet off the ground is easier for women than for men.
Q] The movement.
® Variation with arms extended to make the movement easier.
Was this article helpful?
This powerful tool will provide you with everything you need to know to be a success and finally achieve your dream of shedding the tummy fat and reveal your six pack abs. Making weight loss promises to yourself is easy but making them stick is something else which requires much more than just some words and thoughts. In the quest to make weight loss resolutions that eventually see some level of success there needs to be some careful planning and thought exercised beforehand.